We're Changing the Conversation About Mental Health
Active Minds is a UCR student-lead group committed to helping you feel your best and removing the stigma surrounding mental health. We provide guest speakers, information tables and outreach programs to help you manage stress and find help when needed. You'll get real answers from peer mentors you can relate to, feel safe and connected, while living well and taking part in fun and rewarding activities. Recent events have included:
- A visit from therapy fluffies for Mental Health Spa Day. This quarterly event provides the opportunity to pet a puppy and relieve stress.
- Students utilize an artistic outlet for addressing their inner feelings (i.e., grief, depressing, hope, and healing) as they decorate a mask in the "What's Behind Your Mask?" program.
- Mental health film nights enable students to participate in a night at the movies, popcorn included. A follow-up group discussion promotes awareness and treatment related to mental health concerns addressed in a variety of award winning movies.
- A fashion show includes a diverse group of UCR students displaying the true meaning of beauty and discussing the tough topic of body image.
- Renowned guest speakers provide insightful mental health presentations that are relevant to the needs and concerns of college students.
For more information about Active Minds, or to attend an upcoming event, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- President: Reissa Decena
- Program Coordinators: Darrel Jimenez, Derek Roberts, Silvia Salguero
- Program Presenters: Ambar Sandavol, Parinita Shinde
- Media and Publicity Coordinator: Raquel Rodgers