University of California, RiversideUCR


Sexual Assault / Depression / Suicide / Drug Abuse 


What to Do if You've Been Sexually Assaulted:

Your immediate safety is first. Try to go to a safe place.

  • Call UCR Police Department, 951-827-5222, or 911 from a campus phone.
  • Get medical attention as soon as possible. Medical care is important, in case you are injured and/or if a rape has occurred, to protect against sexually transmitted diseases and pregnancy. A Sexual Assault Response Team (S.A.R.T.) exam, is an option if assault occurred courtesy of the Riverside County Regional Medical Center 951-486-5650. UCR students may seek medical attention at the Campus Health Center, 951-827 3031. It should be noted that medical examinations at the Campus Health Center are not admissible for legal purposes.
  • Contact the CARE ADVOCATE  if you’d like confidential help in sorting through your emotions, resources and options.
  • Reach out for support. Advocates available 24 hours a day.
    On campus (M-F, 8-5) Sonia Zamora, Respons Team Coordinator, consultant. Located in Title IX Office, Surge 349C, 951-827-2938.
  • Contact the Title IX Office, 951-827-7070. This office is responsible for receiving and conducting the administrative investigation of all reports of sexual assault filed on campus by students and employees, and is available to discuss option, explain university policies and procedures, and provide education relevant issues.


Emergency Services 911
University Police Department
Student Affairs Case Management (SACM) 951-827-5000
CARE (Campus Advocacy, Resources & Education) 951-827-6225
Title IX/Sexual Harassment Office 951-827-7070
Student Health Services (SHS) 951-827-3031
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) 951-827-5531
Women's Resource Center 951-827-3337
LGBT Resource Center  951-827-2267
Riverside County Regional Medical Center 951-486-5650
Riverside Area Rape Crisis Center (24hrs) 951-686-7273
Alternatives to Domestic Violence (24hrs) 951-683-0829

Take Threats of Suicide Seriously

Suicide was recently ranked as the second leading cause of death for college students. Any talk of suicide by a friend or loved one should be taken seriously and help should be sought immediately. Suicide is often linked to untreated depression and both have many common warning signs including:

  • Sadness or anxiety
  • Feelings of guilt, helplessness or hopelessness
  • Trouble eating or sleeping
  • Withdrawing from friends and/or social activities
  • Loss of interest in hobbies, work, school, etc.
  • Increased use of alcohol or drugs
  • Anger

Specific signs of potential suicide include:

  • Talking openly about committing suicide
  • Talking indirectly about "wanting out" or "ending it all"
  • Taking unnecessary or life-threatening risks
  • Giving away personal possessions.

Where to get help:

UC Riverside Counseling and Psychological Services

Veitch Student Center, North Wing
Office Hours Monday , Wednesday, Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM, Tuesdays and Thursdays 9 AM - 5 PM
Counselors Available By Phone 24 Hours Daily
(951) UCR-TALK
(951) 827-5531
2-TALK on campus phones
For more information about UC Riverside's Counseling  and Pscyholgocal Services, visit their site.

Student Affairs Case Management

Costo Hall Suite 125

The Well

248 Highlander Union Building

Off-Campus Resources

Suicide Prevention National Hotline


Riverside Helpline


Suicide Prevention Resource Center


Suicide Awareness / Voices of Education (SAVE)


American Association of Suicidology


National Suicide Prevention Helpline


Counseling Someone Considering Suicide




Recognize the Signs of Chemical Addiction

There are many signs of alcohol and drug use, abuse, and addiction. Any one sign, or a combination of them, can be cause for alarm and can signal substance abuse problems.

  • Depression
  • Extreme mood swings
  • Flat or unresponsive behavior
  • Hyperactivity
  • Loss of interest in one's work/school results
  • Nervousness
  • Hand tremors
  • Loss of balance
  • Loss of coordination
  • Drastic changes in social relationships
  • Becoming a loner or becoming secretive
  • Loss of interest in appearance
  • Change of friends
  • Extreme change in interests
  • Tendency to lose temper
  • Being argumentative
  • Borrowing money and not repaying it

Where to get help:

UC Riverside Counseling and Psychological Services
Veitch Student Center, North Wing
Office Hours Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM
Counselors Available By Phone 24 Hours Daily
(951) UCR-TALK
(951) 827-5531
2-TALK on campus phones
For more information about UC Riverside's Counseling Center, visit their site at

Off-Campus Resources

Recovery Options

(800) 662-2873
(800) NO ABUSE

Riverside County Drug Program

1827 Atlanta Ave. D1
Riverside, CA 92507
(951) 955-2100

Alcoholics Anonymous


Narcotics Anonymous


24 Hour Detox Referral Line:


Riverside Center for Behavioral medicine

5900 Brockton Ave
Riverside, Ca 92506


More Information

General Campus Information

University of California, Riverside
900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA 92521
Tel: (951) 827-1012

Department Information

The AVC & Dean of Students
381 Highlander Union Building

Tel: (951) 827-6095
Fax: (951) 827-4701
E-mail: deanofstudents@ucr.edu