Food Resources for Students
Out of Options? We Can Help.
When you need food and don’t know what to do, we can help. We can provide emergency groceries and resources to support you in this stressful time.
What To Do
- Contact the R'Pantry at the WELL via email, in person at HUB 248, or by telephone at 951-827-9355.
- Contact the UCR case managers.
- You can also contact the local organizations listed below.
How You Can Help
- If you are interested in volunteering either as an individual or a group, please contact the R'Pantry staff via email.
- If you are interested in organizing a food drive or donating items as an individual, department, or community organization please contact us via email. Our wishlist of most needed and requested items can be found here: R'Pantry Wishlist. We will work with you to coordinate the details of your donation.
- If you are interested in making a financial donation visit our UCR My Gift webpage and make a financial contribution to our online fund. Our fund can also be reached by searching "UCR Food Pantry Fund" or "R'Pantry" on the UCR My Gift page.
- If you are interested in an automatic payroll deduction please fill out the following form R'Pantry Payroll Deduction and submit it to the UC Riverside Foundation, 1136 Hinderaker Hall.
End Highlander Hunger
No Highlander should go hungry. That’s why UC Riverside established a food pantry
All student walk-in hours are held in the the Bear's Den which is located in the lower HUB Plaza, across from Scotty's Convenience Store and next to the ATMs. Graduate only hours are located in the GradSuccess Office which is in the University Office Building first floor.
- Bear's Den hours of operation are held Wednesdays and Thursdays starting the second week of the quarter. Hours vary by quarter
- GradSuccess hours of operations are held Thursdays from 1:30-3:30pm starting the second week of the quarter.
What is the R'Pantry?
As a program R’ Pantry aims to:
How does R'Pantry work?
Any student who is in need can access the R'Pantry during our walk-in hours at either the Bear's Den or GradSuccess. For students who would like more individualized services or would like to discuss additional support options we recommend setting an appointment with us via email.
What happens when I visit the R'Pantry?
For most updated hours of operations and updates on the R’Pantry project, visit the R’Pantry Facebook page. R'Pantry and its partners greatly appreciate all of the support of our on- and off-campus community.
R’Pantry is part of the campus-wide food security program, and is a partnership between ASUCR (Associated Students of UCR), Division of Student Affairs, Feeding America, and the UC Global Food Initiative.
Low-Cost Food Boxes
Treasure Box (New Jerusalem Church)
Eagle Food Ministries
Students can receive up $180 a month for temporary sustenance if they meet the following eligibility requirements:
St. George’s Episcopal Church
Free Food Boxes
Food Pantry Ministry (Our Lady of Perpetual Help)
Mt. Rubidoux SDA Church Food Pantry