Food Resources for Students
Out of Options? We Can Help.
When you need food and don’t know what to do, we can help. We can provide emergency groceries and resources to support you in this stressful time.
What To Do
- Contact the R'Pantry at the WELL via email, in person at HUB 248, or by telephone at (951) 827-9355.
- Contact the UCR case managers.
- You can also contact the local organizations listed below.
How You Can Help
- If you are interested in volunteering either as an individual or a group, please contact the R'Pantry staff via email.
- If you are interested in organizing a food drive or donating items as an individual, department, or community organization please contact us via email. Our wishlist of most needed and requested items can be found here: R'Pantry Wishlist. We will work with you to coordinate the details of your donation.
- If you are interested in making a financial donation visit our UCR My Gift webpage and make a financial contribution to our online fund. Our fund can also be reached by searching "UCR Food Pantry Fund" or "R'Pantry" on the UCR My Gift page.
- If you are interested in an automatic payroll deduction please fill out the following form R'Pantry Payroll Deduction and submit it to the UC Riverside Foundation, 1136 Hinderaker Hall.
End Highlander Hunger
No Highlander should go hungry. That’s why UC Riverside established a food pantry
All student walk-in hours are held in the the Costo Hall 110 which is located on the ground floor of Costo Hall. R'Pantry hosts Graduate student only hours in the same location. Check our Facebook for updated hours: @ucrpantry.
What is the R'Pantry?
As a program R’ Pantry aims to:
How does R'Pantry work?
Any student who is in need can access the R'Pantry during our walk-in hours. For students who would like more individualized services or would like to discuss additional support options we encourage taking advantage of our individual appointments by contacting us via email.
What happens when I visit the R'Pantry?
For most updated hours of operations and updates on the R’Pantry, visit the R’Pantry Facebook page. R'Pantry and its partners greatly appreciate all of the support of our on- and off-campus community.
R’Pantry is part of the campus-wide food security program, and is a partnership between ASUCR (Associated Students of UCR), Division of Student Affairs, Feeding America, and the UC Global Food Initiative.
Low-Cost Food Boxes
Eagle Food Ministries
For a $10 suggested donation, families can get two boxes of food that usually include milk and meat.
Faith Community Church/Angel Food
For $30, an individual can enjoy a large box of food. Food boxes must be ordered ahead of time and can be picked up once a month.
Students can receive up to $180 a month for temporary sustenance if they meet at least ONE of the following eligibility requirements:
Apply with the following local organizations or stop by the Farmer's Market at the flagpole at Hinderaker on select Thursday evenings from 3–7pm for CalFresh application assistance.
Feeding America Riverside|San Bernardino
Riverside Grocery Stores That Accept CalFresh
Food 4 Less, Rite-Aid and Walgreens at Chicago & University (Routes 1 and 51)
WIC (Women, Infants & Children) Program
Fair Housing Council of Riverside County
St. George's Episcopal Church
Students can enjoy a hot meal at the church every Thursday evening. Students may also access the food pantry at this time. No ID required — just sign in at the kitchen.
If you're struggling with an issue, the Case Managers will help you brainstorm, problem solve and connect you to the right resources.
Free Food Boxes
Arlington Temporary Assistance
Students, families and the homeless can access emergency assistance from the organization, including free food boxes (limit of six times per year), clothing and referrals to social services. To qualify, you must bring a picture ID, proof of income and proof of address.
Lutheran Social Services/Genesis Food Pantry
Free food boxes are available on a first-come, first-served basis once a month. Paperwork and a Social Security number are required for sign up.
A monthly food box is offered to those in need of food services. A picture ID is required.
Our Lady of Perpetual Help/Food Pantry Ministry
Students can enjoy fresh, nonperishable food materials through donations from local vendors. To sign up, you will need a picture ID and proof other household members (ID or birth certificate).
Set Free Church Thrift Store
Free food boxes available: you must call ahead to request a box. No ID or eligibility requirements.