University of California, RiversideUCR




What is the process for requesting a leave of absence or withdrawing from the University due to unforeseen challenges, illness, financial difficulties, or emergency?


A student's academic advisor is likely to be most helpful in facilitating a leave of absence or withdrawal from the University. Leave of absence or withdrawal requires completion of a form that is available in the Student Academic Affairs office of each college and the Student Services Building One Stop Center and after the 6th week additionally requires permission from the student's Associate Dean. Information about important deadlines for withdrawal from individual classes and from the University is detailed in the Academic Calendar http://classes.ucr.edu/enrollment/calendar.htm . Details about withdrawal, including important information about associated prorated refund of fees is available online at http://classes.ucr.edu/enrollment/withdrawal.htm.

Back to Frequently Asked Questions

More Information

General Campus Information

University of California, Riverside
900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA 92521
Tel: (951) 827-1012

Department Information

The AVC & Dean of Students
381 Highlander Union Building

Tel: (951) 827-6095
Fax: (951) 827-4701
E-mail: deanofstudents@ucr.edu